Definition of Spurge laurel
1. Noun. Bushy Eurasian shrub with glossy leathery oblong leaves and yellow-green flowers.
Spurge Laurel Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Spurge Laurel Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Spurge Laurel
Literary usage of Spurge laurel
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Gardeners Dictionaryby Philip Miller by Philip Miller (1754)
"Spurge- laurel of Creti, with an Olive-leaf hairy underneath. ... ern Spurge-olive, with the common Spurge - laurel - leaves, and white Flowers growing in ..."
2. Dictionary of Obsolete and Provincial English: Containing Words from the by Thomas Wright (1904)
"spurge laurel. COPSES, ,v. The moveable rails attached to the side of a cart or wagon, by which the width may be extended. ..."
3. The British Flora Medica: A History of the Medicinal Plants of Great Britain by Benjamin Herbert Barton, Thomas Castle (1877)
"Some have thought the Spurge-laurel to be ... The Spurge-laurel flowers, leaves, bark, and fruit, especially the two latter, are nauseous and very acrid, ..."
4. Arboretum Et Fruticetum Britannicum: Or, The Trees and Shrubs of Britain by John Claudius Loudon (1854)
"Flowers lateral, 4. Laureola L. * Britain f. 1183. 1309 The Laureola Daphne, or spurge laurel. ... 1310 The Pontic Daphne, or twin-flowered spurge laurel. ..."