Definition of Sousse
1. Noun. A port city in eastern Tunisia on the Mediterranean.
Generic synonyms: City, Metropolis, Urban Center, Port
Group relationships: Republic Of Tunisia, Tunisia
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sousse Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sousse
Literary usage of Sousse
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Tunis, Kairouan & Carthage by Graham Petrie (1908)
"CHAPTER IX sousse (HADRUMETUM) IT is the absolute duty of every visitor to Tunis to make a pilgrimage to the holy city of Kairouan, and in doing so it is ..."
2. Tunis, Kairouan & Carthage: Described and Illustrated with Forty-eight Paintings by Graham Petrie (1908)
"If it is desired to return to sousse the same day, the latter is the only ... The postal motor starts from sousse at one o'clock, rather a hot hour in the ..."
3. A Motor Flight Through Algeria and Tunisia by Emma Augusta Burbank Ayer (1911)
"CHAPTER XXIV BACK TO sousse BY ... TO TUNIS THE early morning saw the Motorists on the road again and taking a new route back to sousse in order to pass by, ..."
4. Algeria and Tunis by Frances E. Nesbitt (1906)
"CHAPTER XII sousse AND EL DJEM A REFRESHING uncertainty, ... Beyond the one undisputed fact that the inn at sousse leaves nothing to be desired, ..."