2. Noun. (plural of slip) ¹
3. Noun. (cricket) the area of the field covered by fielders in the slip positions; the slip fielders collectively ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Slips
1. slip [v] - See also: slip
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Slips Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Slips
Literary usage of Slips
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Library Journal by American Library Association, Library Association (1898)
"These slips were placed in the call-slip boxes and have also been handed out to ... Beginning September 17, 1897, through January 31, these slips have been ..."
2. Introduction to the Study of History by Charles Victor Langlois, Charles Seignobos, George Godfrey Berry (1904)
"Every one admits nowadays that it is advisable to ' collect materials on separate cards or slips of paper. The notes from each document are entered upon a ..."
3. Annual Report by New York State Library (1915)
"2 After removing binding slips from books, send Educational Extension books ... 4 Working from the binding slips instead of the books, discharge serials on ..."
4. International Catalogue of Scientific Literature by Royal Society (Great Britain) (1907)
"When groups of wider comprehension than the genus have to be dealt with on the systematic-slips, the number of the Branch an<l Subject will, of course, ..."
5. Essay on the Theory of the Earth by Georges Cuvier, Robert Jameson (1827)
"Of slips, or Falling down of the Materials of Mountains. In every place where the broken strata present their edges on abrupt surfaces, there fall down to ..."
6. Phytopathology by American Phytopathological Society (1917)
"Slip dried Spores germinating in H,O in cell. Slip dried In H,O in cells. Slip dried Smears made on slips Smears made on slips Smears made on slips In water ..."