Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Silladar Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Silladar
Literary usage of Silladar
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A History of the Hyderabad Contingent by Reginald George Burton (1905)
"... viewa on-the Nizam's army—Proposed reform of the silladar Cavalry.—The Nizam's Regular Infantry in—European officers in the Nizam's army—Early measures ..."
2. The Dispatches of Field Marshal the Duke of Wellington: During His Various by Arthur Wellesley Wellington (1835)
"... that the whole of the force which he is bound to furnish by his treaty with us should be silladar horse; and the revenues of the lands in Berar to be ..."
3. The Dispatches of Field Marshal the Duke of Wellington: During His Various by Arthur Wellesley Wellington (1837)
"Ill; only an silladar horse, why preferable to ... 372, 373; proposed levies of silladar horse, and mode of paying them (4 Jan., 1805), 595; ..."
4. Memoir and Correspondence of General James Stuart Fraser of the Madras Army by Hastings Fraser (1885)
"Now this latter phase has been rendered impossible by the rale that every noncommissioned officer is to be a silladar. " In this manner I say that every ..."
5. Hobson-Jobson: A Glossary of Colloquial Anglo-Indian Words and Phrases, and by Henry Yule, Arthur Coke Burnell, William Crooke (1903)
"... in a regiment <>i irregular cavalry, who provides bis own arms and horse ; and sometime to regiments composed of such men— a corps of silladar Horse. ..."