Definition of Shoulder mark
1. Noun. Epaulets that indicate rank.
Generic synonyms: Epaulet, Epaulette
Group relationships: Military Uniform
Shoulder Mark Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Shoulder Mark Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Shoulder Mark
Literary usage of Shoulder mark
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Uncivilized Races of Men in All Countries of the World by John George Wood (1882)
"Many had a simple two-horned mark on each breast, and we sometimes saw upon them a clumsy imitation of the elaborate shoulder mark of the islanders. ..."
2. Military and Naval Recognition Book: A Handbook on the Organization by Joel William Bunkley (1918)
"Two gold stars on a shoulder mark of broad silver braid or two gold stars in a vertical row on a vertical rectangle of broad silver braid on the outer cuff ..."
3. Peterson's Magazine (1876)
"... beginning your measurement three inches from the end, to allow for the extra height of the shoulder. Mark off this length with a pencil, and proceed to ..."
4. Forestry Quarterly by New York State College of Forestry (1915)
"Dewlap—The dewlap is a neck or shoulder mark in general. It is made in the same manner as the wattle and looks the same, that is, like a cylinder of hide ..."