Definition of Shari
1. Noun. An African river that flows northwest into Lake Chad.
Definition of Shari
1. Proper noun. ( female given name), variant of Sherry or a pet form of Sharon. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Shari Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Shari
Literary usage of Shari
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Egypt: Handbook for Travellers by Karl Baedeker (Firm) (1902)
"40), at the corner of the shari'a Tahir and the shari'a ... North German Lloyd, represented by Otto Ster- zing, shari'a Tahir 3, near the Place de i~Ope*ra. ..."
2. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1893)
"IN the country lying at the back of the German sphere of " Camarons " and between the Eivers Congo, shari and Benue, which not many years ago appeared as a ..."
3. International Religious Freedom (2000): Report to Congress by the Department edited by Barbara Larkin (2001)
"When Raduna state announced plans to implement shari'a law, the large Christian ... Following the violence related to the expansion of shari'a laws, ..."
4. The Encyclopedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and by Hugh Chisholm (1911)
"This, like the Bahr es Salamat, which enters the shari in 10° a' N., traverses a wide extent of arid country in southern W'adai, and brings no large amount ..."
5. From the Niger to the Nile by Boyd Alexander (1907)
"Round KUBI CUTTING NEAR shari MOUTH the south-east corner of the Lake the country becomes marshy in a depression that was once the mouth of the ..."
6. Ten Years in Equatoria and the Return with Emin Pasha by Gaetano Casati (1891)
"Niger —The Welle—The brothers Poncet—Carlo Piaggia—Dr. George Schwein- furth—March 19, 1870—Characteristics of the river—It is the upper part of the shari ..."