Definition of Shabu
1. Noun. An amphetamine derivative (trade name Methedrine) used in the form of a crystalline hydrochloride; used as a stimulant to the nervous system and as an appetite suppressant.
Generic synonyms: Amphetamine, Pep Pill, Speed, Upper, Controlled Substance
Definition of Shabu
1. Noun. (informal) methedrine ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Shabu Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Shabu
Literary usage of Shabu
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adventure Guide to Maui by Sharon Hamblin (2005)
"shabu-shabu Toji, TT 808-875-8366, is a fairly new Japanese restaurant that serves "shabu shabu" - a Japanese-style fondue where you swish thinly-sliced ..."
2. A History of Babylonia and Assyria by Robert William Rogers (1900)
"... -shabu, the street of Babylon, before the gate of Beltis, with . . . bricks, for the procession of the great lord Marduk 20 he beautified the road. ..."
3. Assyrian and Babylonian Literature: Selected Translations by Robert Francis Harper (1901)
"... -shabu(m), the street of Babylon, I filled in with a high terrace as a procession street for the great lord Marduk, and partly with brick and ..."
4. A History of Babylonia and Assyria by Robert William Rogers (1915)
"... -shabu, the street of Babylon, before the gate of Belt is, with Breccia-stones, for the procession of the great lord Marduk 20 he beautified the road. ..."
5. Old Babylonian Temple Records by Robert Julius Lau (1906)
"GE= 'an old he-ass'; GÈ, Br. 6325= shabu, to be old; SHU.GÈ, Br. 7129 = shabu; see RA III, p. 130, l. 9. (e) ANSHU. ..."
6. Criminal Victimisation in the Developing World edited by Ugljesa Zvekic, Anna Alvazzi Del Frate (1996)
"... kilos of Marijuana and 83779 grams of shabu, while CAPCOM confiscated 2.9 kilos ... grams of shabu. Prostitution: In 1991, a total of 739 vagrancy and ..."