Definition of Semiconductor diode
1. Noun. A semiconductor that consists of a p-n junction.
Specialized synonyms: Led, Light-emitting Diode
Generic synonyms: Semiconductor, Semiconductor Device, Semiconductor Unit
Semiconductor Diode Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Semiconductor Diode Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Semiconductor Diode
Literary usage of Semiconductor diode
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Measurements for Competitiveness in Electronics (1994)
"It is noteworthy that semiconductor-diode lasers have begun substituting for helium-neon lasers in many applications, reducing product cost and broadening ..."
2. Precision Spectroscopy, Diode Lasers, and Optical Frequency Measur edited by Leo Hollberg (2000)
"semiconductor diode LASERS* RW Fox and L. Hollberg National Institute of Standards and Technology Boulder, Colorado AS Zibrov Lebedev Institute of Physics ..."
3. State of the Laboratory: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory edited by William A. Bookless (1995)
"... we design and build microanalytical instruments, micromechanical sensors and actuators, and semiconductor diode lasers and optical amplifiers. ..."
4. ATP Focused Program Competition: Digital Video in Information Networks edited by Barry Leonard (1998)
"The lasers will work by directing infrared laser light originating in a semiconductor diode laser through a waveguide made of so-called non-linear optical ..."