Definition of Self-propelled vehicle
1. Noun. A wheeled vehicle that carries in itself a means of propulsion.
Generic synonyms: Wheeled Vehicle
Self-propelled Vehicle Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Self-propelled Vehicle Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Self-propelled Vehicle
Literary usage of Self-propelled vehicle
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Technical World Magazine (1910)
"These batteries are expected to revolutionize every form of self-propelled vehicle and craft. what it could not do. It was bulky, it was heavy, it was weak, ..."
2. The Horseless Age (1899)
"... broad enough in its application to apply to any form of self-propelled vehicle, whether electric, gasoline, steam or any other form of motive power. ..."
3. Motor Vehicles for Business Purposes a Practical Handbook for Those by Alexander James Wallis-Tayler (1905)
"COMMERCIAL TRAVELLERS' MOTOR VEHICLES A USEFUL type of self-propelled vehicle for business purposes is a motor brougham for the use of commercial travellers ..."
4. Senate Bills of Regular and Extra Sessions by West Virginia Legislature. Senate (1921)
"17 (b) Any self propelled vehicle not operated exclusively upon 18 stationary ... 20 (c) Any self propelled vehicle designed or used as a traveling 21 power ..."
5. Modern Roads by Henry Percy Boulnois (1919)
"(2) A steep gradient is not of so much importance to a self-propelled vehicle as to a horse-drawn vehicle. (3) Sharp corners are more dangerous for ..."