Definition of Seiurus aurocapillus
1. Noun. American warbler; builds a dome-shaped nest on the ground.
Generic synonyms: New World Warbler, Wood Warbler
Group relationships: Genus Seiurus, Seiurus
Seiurus Aurocapillus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Seiurus Aurocapillus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Seiurus Aurocapillus
Literary usage of Seiurus aurocapillus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Bulletin by United States National Museum (1902)
"... south in winter to Cape St. Lucas and through Mexico and Central America to Colombia) Seiurus noveboracensis notabilis (p. 645) seiurus aurocapillus ..."
2. The Code of Nomenclature and Check-list of North American Birds Adopted by by American Ornithologists' Union (1886)
"seiurus aurocapillus SWAINS. Zool. Journ. III. 1827, 171. [B 186,C92, R 115, C 135.] HAB. Eastern North America, north to Hudson's Bay Territory and Alaska, ..."
3. The Birds of Jamaica by Philip Henry Gosse, Richard Hill (1847)
"seiurus aurocapillus. Turdus aurocapillus, LINN.—Aud. pi. 143. ... Seiurus aurocapillus, Sw. THE speckled breast, rich fulvous crown, and warm olive back, ..."
4. Transactions of the Canadian Institute by Canadian Institute (1849-1914). (1893)
"seiurus aurocapillus on Yonge Street.—On May 9,1 was handed a fine Oven-bird, which was secured by a boy in a lane on the south-east corner of King and ..."