Definition of Secondary amenorrhea
1. Noun. Cessation of menstruation in a woman who had previously menstruated.
Secondary Amenorrhea Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Secondary Amenorrhea Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Secondary Amenorrhea
Literary usage of Secondary amenorrhea
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Medical Gynecology by Howard Atwood Kelly (1912)
"(3) Causes of secondary amenorrhea: Physiological, p. 145; mechanical, p. 145; constitutional, (2) Causes of primary amenorrhea: ..."
2. A Text-book of Gynecology by William Sisson Gardner (1912)
"A secondary amenorrhea is one in which the menses have ceased after they have become ... secondary amenorrhea is frequently due to the anemia of chlorosis, ..."
3. Medical gynecology by Samuel Wyllis Bandler (1914)
"secondary amenorrhea Amenorrhea may occur after regular menstruation has once been ... Acquired or secondary amenorrhea also results from involvement of the ..."
4. Women and Alcohol Abuse: Prevention Resource Guide (1993)
"... independent of amount and duration of alcohol use and one had secondary amenorrhea with a normal prolactin level and low levels of LH and E2. ..."