Definition of Sawing
1. Verb. (present participle of saw) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Sawing
1. saw [v] - See also: saw
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sawing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sawing
sawing (current term)
Literary usage of Sawing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1886)
""The proceses of sawing paper board as herein described, consisting in sawing the paper board while it is in the wet state in which it is taken from the ..."
2. Forest Mensuration by Herman Haupt Chapman (1921)
"Waste in slabs is reduced by sawing narrow and thin boards and short lengths. ... The method of sawing a log also affects the per cent of utilization of ..."
3. United States Supreme Court Reports by United States Supreme Court, Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, LEXIS Law Publishing (1901)
"The processs of sawing paper board as herein described, consisting in sawing the paper board while it is in the wet state in which it is taken from the ..."
4. Materials of Construction by Harry E. Pulver (1922)
"The kind peter of the wood and the :rja:flat and rift sawing. ... Quarter sawing is done ain thus obtained, as well ;inds of the summer wood. in the lumber ..."
5. The Practical Draughtsman's Book of Industrial Design and Machinist's and by Charles A. Armengaud, William Johnson, Jules Amouroux (1854)
"We shall here give the notes of some experiments upon a sawing-machine, having several saw-plates arranged side by side in a frame, weighing altogether ..."
6. Journal by Iron and Steel Institute (1893)
"Metal sawing Machines.—Illustrations have been given J of two circular sawing machines, ... This machine is made in larger sizes for sawing steel ingots, ..."
7. A Treatise on the Construction and Operation of Wood-working Machines by John Richards (1872)
"The incentive has, of course, been the greater speed at which sawing is executed ... In America, where the gang re-sawing machine has not yet come into use, ..."
8. Lumber, Its Manufacture and Distribution by Ralph Clement Bryant (1922)
"The outside boards on b will be plain-sawed, but the remainder will meet the quartered requirements. A method of quarter-sawing, ..."