Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Sasine Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Sasine
sasine (current term)
Literary usage of Sasine
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Practical Conveyancer Shewing in One View the Forms of Deeds in Use in by George Watson (1867)
"Instruments of Resignation and sasine to be recorded. VL And be it enacted, That every such Instrument of sasine, or of Resignation and sasine, ..."
2. Styles of Deeds and Instruments: In Accordance with the Titles to Land by John Hendry, John Thompson Mowbray (1878)
"The instrument of sasine, with warrant of registration thereon, must be recorded before the first term of "Whitsunday or Martinmas posterior to the date of ..."
3. Rotuli scaccarii regum scotorum: The Exchequer rolls of Scotlandby Scotland Court of Exchequer, John Stuart, George Burnett, George Powell McNeill by Scotland Court of Exchequer, John Stuart, George Burnett, George Powell McNeill (1901)
"See Drum- moml. , in Fife, sasine of, 511. , in Athole, ... Blans, sasine of, 531. Blantyre, commendator of, lord of exchequer, 564. ..."
4. A Treatise on the Conveyance of Land to a Purchaser, and on the Manner of by Robert Bell, William Bell (1830)
"It is optional to a party to record a sasine in the particular register for the ... The effect produced by an unrecorded sasine is next to be considered. ..."
5. Commentaries on the Recent Statutes Relative to Conveyancing, Namely, the by Alexander Duff (1848)
"That every such instrument of sasine, or of resignation and sasine, shall be recorded in manner heretofore in use with regard to instruments of resignation ..."
6. The Exchequer Reports: Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Courts by Great Britain Court of Exchequer, Great Britain Court of Exchequer Chamber (1866)
"2 (a) the instru- ment of sasine, on being recorded in the register of sasines, has the same effect as if sasine had been taken and an instrument of sasine ..."