Definition of Saratoga springs
1. Noun. A town in eastern New York State famed for its spa and its horse racing.
Saratoga Springs Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Saratoga Springs Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Saratoga Springs
Literary usage of Saratoga springs
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Journal of Roentgenology by American Radium Society (1919)
"The State Reservation at saratoga springs is the property of the State of New ... The purpose of the State in assuming control over the saratoga springs was ..."
2. Legal and Judicial History of New York by Lyman Horace Weeks, John Hampden Dougherty (1911)
"Bullard, Water ford; Daniel Shepherd, saratoga springs. 1846 —William L. Avery, ... Examiners in chancery: 1821—Harvey F. Leavitt, saratoga springs. ..."
3. Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Standard Work of Reference in Art, Literature (1907)
"The following are among the most notable : Congress Spring in Congress Park, dis- Plan of saratoga springs. -covered in 1792 (chloride of sodium, ..."
4. America, Historical, Statistic, and Descriptive by James Silk Buckingham (1841)
"From Ballston to saratoga springs is a distance of about seven miles, through a generally level country, with the second growth of wood thickly bordering ..."
5. America, Historical, Statistic, and Descriptive by James Silk Buckingham (1841)
"From Ballston to saratoga springs is a distance of about seven miles, through a generally level country ... CHAPTER X. Arrival and Stay at saratoga springs. ..."
6. The Magazine of American History with Notes and Queries by John Austin Stevens, Benjamin Franklin DeCosta, Henry Phelps Johnston, Martha Joanna Lamb, Nathan Gillett Pond, William Abbatt (1880)
"ARCHAEOLOGICAL DISCOVERY REMAINS OF AN ANCIENT INDIAN WORK ON FISH CREEK, NEAR saratoga springs, N. Yl Few residents of saratoga springs, I presume, ..."