Definition of Saint christopher
1. Noun. Christian martyr and patron saint of travellers (3rd century).
2. Noun. The largest of the islands comprising Saint Christopher-Nevis.
Group relationships: Federation Of Saint Kitts And Nevis, Saint Christopher-nevis, Saint Kitts And Nevis, St. Christopher-nevis, St. Kitts And Nevis
Generic synonyms: Island
Saint Christopher Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Saint Christopher Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Saint Christopher
Literary usage of Saint christopher
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Stepping Stones to Literature by Sarah Louise Arnold, Charles Benajah Gilbert (1897)
"THE LEGEND OF saint christopher. BY HELEN HUNT JACKSON. FOR many a year Saint Christopher Served God in many a land; And master painters drew his face, ..."
2. The Poets of the Nineteenth Century by Evert Augustus Duyckinck (1878)
"Stands saint christopher, carven in stone, With the little child in his huge caress, And the arms of the baby Jesus thrown About his gigantic tenderness; ..."
3. The American Cyclopaedia: A Popular Dictionary of General Knowledge edited by George Ripley, Charles Anderson Dana (1883)
"saint christopher, an island of the British West Indies, often called St. Kin's, in the Leeward group, separated from Nevis on the southeast by a strait 2 ..."
4. The Statutes of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland [1807-1868/69] by Great Britain, George Kettilby Rickards (1836)
"HEREAS the Islands of Antigua, saint christopher, Nevis, and Montserrat in the West Indies, were in the Month of ..."