Definition of Ruth st. denis
1. Noun. United States dancer and choreographer who collaborated with Ted Shawn (1877-1968).
Generic synonyms: Choreographer, Dancer, Professional Dancer, Terpsichorean
Ruth St. Denis Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ruth St. Denis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ruth St. Denis
Literary usage of Ruth st. denis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dancing and Dancers of Today: The Modern Revival of Dancing As an Art by Caroline Caffin (1912)
"... CHAPTER V ruth st. denis AVAST gloomy temple is revealed, spotted here and there with flickering lights, Indian ornament and pillars encrusted with gold ..."
2. Theatrical and Musical Memoirs by Rudolph Aronson (1913)
"... and His Pupil— A State Concert at Buckingham Palace—Of Isadora Duncan, Maud Allan, ruth st. denis, and Thamara de Swirsky—The Difficulties of a Manager. ..."
3. The Art of Ballet by Mark Edward Perugini (1915)
"Then there was Miss ruth st. denis at the Scala—a vision of all the poetry and the ... ruth st. denis in an Indian market-place representing a snake- dance, ..."
4. The Business Man in the Amusement World: A Volume of Progress in the Field by Robert Grau (1910)
"... with pioneering that art, for it was ruth st. denis who first found favor abroad in classical dances to the accompaniment of orchestral numbers. ..."
5. Who's who on the Screen by Charles Donald Fox, Milton L. Silver (1920)
"MARGARET LOOMIS Margaret Loomis was born in San Francisco, California, and early in life became a pupil of ruth st. denis and toured the Orpheum Circuit ..."
6. Putnam's Magazine (1910)
"MISS ruth st. denis sion in the family. Now arises the question, if Commander ... Miss ruth st. denis has elaborated her oriental dances since she was last ..."
7. Putnam's Magazine (1910)
"MISS ruth st. denis sion in the family. Now arises the question, ... 0* Miss Ruth St. Denis has elaborated her oriental dances since she was last seen in ..."