Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rotolo Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rotolo
Literary usage of Rotolo
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Italian Weights and Measures from the Middle Ages to the Nineteenth Century by Ronald Edward Zupko (1981)
"167: L'arabe rati, dont les Italiens ont fait le mot rotolo. 1910 Board Trade 1. ... 1928 Kennelly 127: The rotolo is 30 onze. The rotolo is 793 grams. ..."
2. Information and Directions for Travellers on the Continent by Mariana Starke (1826)
"Parmesan cheese costs about nine carlini the rotolo; and English cheese, ... Bread of the best quality usually costs from six to eight grains the rotolo. ..."
3. Travels on the Continent: Written for the Use and Particular Information of by Mariana Starke (1820)
"Dread of the best quality from six to eight grains the rotolo. Oil varies in price; but the best costs usually from four to five carlini the rotolo. ..."
4. A System of Geography, Popular and Scientific: Or A Physical, Political, and by James Bell (1832)
"Their rates are as follows: 10 drachms = 1 ounce; 16 ounces=1 rotolo; ... The quintal of Yemen, carried to Djidda, is 113 rotolo; because the rotolo of this ..."
5. The Foreign and Domestic Commercial Calculator; Or, A Complete Library of by Ezra S. Winslow (1867)
"U. States. TUNIS. — 8 metical = 1 usano, 16 u. = 1 rotolo, 100 Avoirdupois pounds. rotoli = 1 cantaro, - = 109.155 TURKEY. — Aleppo: 266| meticals = 1 oke, ..."