Definition of Rotary converter
1. Noun. Electrical converter consisting of a synchronous machine that converts alternating to direct current or vice versa.
Rotary Converter Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rotary Converter Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rotary Converter
Literary usage of Rotary converter
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Principles and Practice of Electrical Engineering by Alexander Gray (1917)
"On the alternating-current side, the rotary converter operates as a synchronous motor and ... A synchronous motor and a rotary converter are liable to hunt, ..."
2. Principles and Practice of Electrical Engineering by Alexander Gray (1917)
"On the alternating-current side, the rotary converter operates as ... A synchronous motor and a rotary converter are liable to hunt, see page 258, ..."
3. Principles of Alternating Current Machinery by Ralph Restieaux Lawrence (1920)
"CHAPTER XXXVII COPPER LOSSES OF A rotary converter; INDUCTOR HEATING; INDUCTOR HEATING OF AN ... 197 represent the armature of a two-pole rotary converter. ..."
4. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers by American Institute of Electrical Engineers (1902)
"variation in the speed of one alternator would immediately react upon the other, through a sort of flywheel action of the rotary converter. ..."
5. Science Abstracts by Institution of Electrical Engineers (1900)
"The latter may take the form of an ordinary rotary converter, and will run as a synchronous motor when supplied with single-phase current, developing the ..."
6. Experimental Electrical Engineering and Manual for Electrical Testing for by Vladimir Karapetoff (1911)
"Starting a rotary converter at a reduced voltage. It can be proved theoretically that, with the same output, the PR loss in the armature decreases with an ..."
7. The Engineering Index Annual for by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1909)
"95045 A. The Sectional Pole rotary converter. Joseph L. Burnham. Describes these machines, which do ... 93276 D. A New Type of rotary converter. HL Lincoln. ..."