Definition of Rosita
1. Noun. Erect plant with small clusters of pink trumpet-shaped flowers of southwestern United States.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rosita Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rosita
Literary usage of Rosita
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Naturalist by American Society of Naturalists, Essex Institute (1897)
"The Rock-formation of the Silver Cliff and rosita Hills District, Colorado.—The mines of the Silver Creek and rosita district are mainly in volcanic rocks. ..."
2. Los Gringos: Or, An Inside View of Mexico and California, with Wanderings in by Henry Augustus Wise (1849)
"Cruise of the rosita.—Anchorage of Venados.—The Oyster-hoat. ... LEAPING over the taffrail of the rosita, without the aid of an accommodation ladder, ..."
3. Ore-deposits: A Sequel to the 2d Ed. of "The Genesis of Ore-deposits," by by František Pošepný, Samuel Franklin Emmons, George Ferdinand Becker, John Duer Irving, H. DeWitt Smith, Henry Gardiner Ferguson (1913)
"Some Mines of rosita and Silver Cliff, Colorado. BY SP EM. ... At the time of the rhyolitic outburst of the rosita hills there was a local eruption of the ..."
4. Transactions of the American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical and (1897)
"Some Mines of rosita and Silver Cliff, Colorado.* BY SF EMMONS, WASHINGTON, DC (Colorado Meeting, September, 1896.) THE history of the mining region of ..."
5. The Law Reports. Privy Council Appeals: Cases Heard and Determined by the by Herbert Cowell, Edmund F. Moore, Great Britain Parliament. House of Lords (1869)
"D •> ' IDE"rosita. inasmuch as she has not stated her case correctly and properly ? ' Mr. EA Pritchard:— In the circumstances now before the Court upon the ..."