Definition of Rosilla
1. Noun. A sneezeweed of southwestern United States especially southern California.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rosilla Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rosilla
Literary usage of Rosilla
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. History of the Town of Hingham, Massachusetts by Hingham (Mass.), Thomas Tracy Bouvé, Edward Tracy Bouvé, John Davis Long, Walter Lincoln Bouvé, Francis Henry Lincoln, George Lincoln, Edmund Hersey, Fearing Burr, Charles Winfield Scott Seymour (1893)
"He m. secondly, May 22, 1863, rosilla Jane Perry, dau. of Ethan and rosilla (Ramsdell) Perry. She was b. at Han. Aug. 6, 1842. Manuf'r of ice-creams. ..."
2. A Historical Sketch of the Town of Hanover, Mass., with Family Genealogies by John Stetson Barry (1853)
"rosilla Ramsdell, July, 1823, lives at the corner of Main and Plain sts., ... rosilla C., 1836, d. 1839. 7. rosilla J., Aug. 6, 1841. 8. Chas., Aug. ..."
3. Vital Records of Waltham, Massachusetts, to the Year 1850 by Waltham (Mass.), Waltham (Mass (1904)
"[rosilla M. Newbert, d. Edward and Rosannah, Sept . 2 7, a. 8 m. 3 d., GR] NUTTING, Lucy, ch. Samuel and Mary, June 23,1795. Mary, ch. Samuel and Mary, Mar. ..."
4. Vital Records of Gloucester, Massachusetts, to the End of the Year 1849 by Gloucester (Mass.), Essex Institute (1917)
"rosilla, d. Stephen and rosilla, Aug. 22, 1837. Salley, d. Eliphelet, bp. ... Stephen and rosilla. Aug. 31, 1834. Susa, d. William, bp. Oct. 14, 1787. c. ..."
5. Genealogical and Family History of the State of New Hampshire: A Record of by Lewis publishing company, Chicago, Ezra Scollay Stearns, William Frederick Whitcher, Edward Everett Parker (1908)
"By the second wife there was one child, Polly rosilla. ... (XV) Polly rosilla, only child of William H. and Sarah (Sargent) Gage, was born in Boscawen, ..."