Definition of Rima oris
1. Noun. The opening through which food is taken in and vocalizations emerge. "He stuffed his mouth with candy"
Terms within: Dentition, Teeth, Clapper, Glossa, Lingua, Tongue, Buccal Cavity, Gingiva, Gum, Palate, Roof Of The Mouth, Salivary Gland
Group relationships: Mouth
Specialized synonyms: Cakehole, Gob, Hole, Maw, Trap, Yap
Generic synonyms: Rima
Derivative terms: Mouth, Mouth, Mouth
Medical Definition of Rima oris
1. The mouth slit; the aperture of the mouth. Synonym: oral fissure. (05 Mar 2000)
Rima Oris Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rima Oris Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rima Oris
Literary usage of Rima oris
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Control of Tobacco-related Cancers and Other Diseases: Proceedings of an by Prakash C. Gupta, James E. Hamner, P. R. Murti (1992)
"When the disease is fully developed, palpable fibrous bands develop in the buccal mucosa, soft palate and rima oris; they run vertically in the buccal ..."
2. Smokeless Tobacco Or Health: An International Perspective by DIANE Publishing Company (1993)
"Note the shrunken appearance of the tongue, the absence of lingual papillae, and associated leukoplakia (L). mucosa, soft palate, and the rima oris. ..."
3. Anatomical terminology, with special reference to the (B N A): With Special by Lewellys Franklin Barker (1907)
"... Vestibulum oris Cavum oris proprium rima oris Labia oris Labium superius Labium inferius Commissura labiorum Angulus oris Palatum Palatum durum Palatum ..."