¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Respirometer
1. spirometer [n -S] - See also: spirometer
Medical Definition of Respirometer
1. 1. An instrument for measuring the extent of the respiratory movements. 2. An instrument for measuring oxygen consumption or carbon dioxide production, usually of an isolated tissue. Origin: L. Respiro, to breathe, + G. Metron, measure (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Respirometer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Respirometer
Literary usage of Respirometer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Laboratory Course in Plant Physiology by William Francis Ganong (1908)
"With the respirometer determine the respiratory ratio of tissues other than seeds, viz., ... In using the respirometer for this purpose, it is obviously ..."
2. Botanical Gazette by University of Chicago, JSTOR (Organization) (1907)
"respirometer Respiration is a universal, and the most important, ... The respirometer consists of three parts. First is the stoppered oval chamber for the ..."
3. RREL Hazardous Waste Research Symposium: Abstract Proceedings, 19th Annual (1993)
"The heart of the system is a computerized respirometer that measures biological ... Oxygen use is tracked by the respirometer; incomplete degradation is ..."
4. Pamphlets on Forest Protection (1915)
"Ganong respirometer, the operation of which is explained in the text. The manipulation of this ... In the Ganong respirometer as used in the present ..."
5. Biotechnology for Water Use and Conservation: The Mexico '96 Workshop by OECD Staff, (Paris) Organisation for Economic Co-ope, Mexico '96 Workshop, Organisation for Economic Co-operation, Development., Zapata, Francisco Bolívar (1997)
"... respirometer Paperworks effluent Treated Untreated EC values determined ... 20 respirometer EC1(1 11.2 14.6 >100 42.3 Note: Results are expressed as a ..."