Definition of Republic of nauru
1. Noun. An island republic on Nauru Island; phosphate exports support the economy.
Generic synonyms: Country, Land, State
Group relationships: Nauru, Nauru Island, Pleasant Island
Member holonyms: Nauruan
Republic Of Nauru Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Republic Of Nauru Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Republic Of Nauru
Literary usage of Republic of nauru
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Landmine Monitor Report 2002: Toward a Mine-free World by International Campaign to Ban Landmines, Human Rights Watch (Organization). (2002)
"On 24 September 2001, the Disability Advisory Office started operations.32 NAURU The Republic of Nauru acceded to the Mine Ban Treaty on 7 August 2000. ..."
2. Landmine Monitor Report 2000: Toward a Mine-Free World by International Campaign to Ban Land Mines, International Campaign to Ban Landmines (2000)
"1 Fax from Chitra Jeremiah, Assistant Director, Department of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Nauru to Neil Mander, New Zealand Campaign Against Landmines, ..."
3. Tax Co-Operation: Towards a Level Playing Field by Organization for Economic Cooperation & (2006)
"... the only bank licensed by the Republic of Nauru is its national bank, The Bank of Nauru. By virtue of changes to the Corporation Act in 2004 and the ..."
4. Human Rights Watch World Report, 2003: Events of 2002 (November 2001 by Human Rights Watch, Human Rights Watch Staff (2003)
"... Afghans and Iraqis, to other countries in the Pacific (the Republic of Nauru and Papua New Guinea), or expelled them to the edge of Indonesian waters. ..."
5. Why Fish Piracy Persists: The Economics of Illegal, Unreported and by Emily Andrews-Chouicha, Kathleen Gray (2005)
"... Marshall Islands The Principality of Monaco Montserrat - Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom The Republic of Nauru Netherlands Antilles - Kingdom ..."
6. Regionalism and the Multilateral Trading System by (Paris) Organisation for Economic Co-ope, OCDE, OECD, Organisation for Economic Co-operation, Development (2003)
"... Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Republic of Nauru, Republic of Palau, Rwanda, Samoa., Sao, Senegal, ..."