Definition of Republic of kiribati
1. Noun. An island republic in the west central Pacific just to the south of the equator.
Generic synonyms: Country, Land, State
Group relationships: Federated States Of Micronesia, Micronesia, Tt
Terms within: Gilbert Islands, Bairiki, Tarawa
Republic Of Kiribati Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Republic Of Kiribati Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Republic Of Kiribati
Literary usage of Republic of kiribati
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Pacific by Ranginui Walker, William M. Sutherland (1988)
"... Neemia After more than ten months of negotiations, the Republic of Kiribati signed a fisheries access agreement with the Soviet fishing company ..."
2. Guide To Clinical Preventive Services by U. S. Preventive Services Task Force (1989)
"Non-insulin-dependent diabetes ma newly independent Pacific nation: the Republic of Kiribati. Diabetes Care 1984; 7:409-15. 26. ..."
3. Regional Workshop on Solar Power Generation Using Photovoltaic Technology (1999)
"... Akura Manager SEC GENERAL BACKGROUND The Republic of Kiribati is a former British Colony (the Gilbert Islands) which gained independence in 1979. ..."
4. Physical Activity and Health: A Report of the Surgeon General by Audrey F. Manley (1998)
"Non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) in a newly independent Pacific nation: The Republic of Kiribati. Diabetes Care 1984;7:409-415. ..."