Definition of Rene magritte
1. Noun. Belgian surrealist painter (1898-1967).
Rene Magritte Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rene Magritte Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rene Magritte
Literary usage of Rene magritte
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Marianne Moore: Vision Into Verse by Patricia C. Willis (1987)
"rene magritte. Domain of Lights. Oil on canvas, 1953-54. In the collections of The Peggy Guggenheim Foundation, Venice. Reproduction published in The New ..."
2. Useful Knowledge: The American Philosophical Society Millennium Program by Alexander G. Bearn, American Philosophical Society (1999)
"... M. Foucault, This is not a pipe (with ill. and letters by rene magritte; trans, and edited by James Harkness), Berkeley: University of California Press, ..."
3. Wisdom for the Soul: Five Millennia of Prescriptions for Spiritual Healing by Larry Chang (2006)
"rene magritte, 1898-1967 ~ in Magritte: The True Art of Painting, 1979 What we call reality is an agreement that people have arrived at to make life more ..."
4. Archaeology of Houses and Households in Ancient Crete by Kevin Glowacki, Natalia Vogeikoff-Brogan (2008)
"... and we are forced to acknowledge the insightful- ness of a remarkable painting produced by rene magritte in 1937, which, upon first consideration, ..."