2. Noun. the flight feather of a bird ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Remex
1. a flight feather of a bird's wing [n REMIGES] : REMIGIAL [adj]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Remex Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Remex
Literary usage of Remex
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Letter of Dr. Diego Alvarez Chanca, Dated 1484 by Diego Alvarez Chanca, Augstine Marcus Fernández de Ybarra (1907)
"Section of a hand-remex of Columba lima, parallel to the curved fibers. ... Outer vane of the ninth hand-remex of Bubo maximus, showing the dentate margin. ..."
2. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1895)
"It is situated at the carpal joint. its exact position varying in different groups, and is apparently not associated with a remex. ..."
3. An Elementary Latin Dictionary by Charlton Thomas Lewis (1890)
"... V. remex, igis, m. [remua +1 AG-1, a rower, ... L. : remex militis officia ... are [ remex ], to ply the oar, row : alio modo ..."
4. Proceedings of the Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh by Royal Physical Society of Edinburgh (1858)
"numbering of the feathers, and to count them outwards from the carpal joint. The 1st remex, therefore, of both the Cubital and the Antecubital region is ..."