Definition of Relapses
1. Verb. (third-person singular of relapse) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Relapses
1. relapse [v] - See also: relapse
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Relapses Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Relapses
Literary usage of Relapses
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The History, Diagnosis, and Treatment of the Fevers of the United States by Elisha Bartlett (1852)
"relapses. The statements of British writers in regard to the frequency of relapses are quite contradictory. In most of the communications contained in ..."
2. Surgery, Its Principles and Practice by William Williams Keen (1908)
"The total number of relapses is given as 19,9 of which were re-operated upon. As regards the mortality, there were 8 deaths in 1257 non-strangulated cases, ..."
3. A Text-book of medicine for students and practitioners by Adolf von Strümpell (1901)
"relapses OF TYPHOID FEVER Typhoid fever exhibits in many cases the peculiarity of ... The frequency of relapses varies considerably in different epidemics. ..."
4. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1894)
"relapses IN TYPHOID FEVER. BY HUGH M. STEWART, BA, MB GAME. Guy's Hospital, London, IN the epidemic of typhoid fever which occurred in London during the ..."
5. A Text-book of the Practice of Medicine by James Meschter Anders (1903)
"relapses OF TYPHOID FEVER. I The cause of relapses is a reinvasion of the blood by ... The prognosis of relapses depends very much upon the severity of the ..."
6. Journal of Pathology and Bacteriology by Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland (1901)
"A THEORY OF relapses IN FEVERS. By HERBERT E. DURHAM, MA, MB, F.RC. ... That relapses should occur at all in certain diseases, such as enteric fever, ..."
7. Medical Record by George Frederick Shrady, Thomas Lathrop Stedman (1886)
"THE relapses OF TYPHOID FEVER. THE subject of the relapses of typhoid fever has hardly ... The frequency of relapses in typhoid fever is very variable. ..."
8. Therapeutic Gazette (1898)
"Biermer has also found relapses more frequent since the introduction of cold ... Having determined the fact that relapses are more common under the cold ..."