¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Regainer
1. one that regains [n -S] - See also: regains
Medical Definition of Regainer
1. An appliance used in an attempt to regain space in the dental arches. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Regainer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Regainer
Literary usage of Regainer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions (1921)
"The outwardly extending passages in this form of regainer increase the efficiency of the waterwheel at full and particularly at part loads, ..."
2. Transactions of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers by American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1920)
"... regainer" is the most perfect commercial solution of this diffuser problem yet found for general conditions, and practically all of the installations ..."
3. An Elementary Latin Dictionary by Charlton Thomas Lewis, Hugh Macmaster Kingery (1918)
"[recupero], a regainer, recoverer: urbis, Та. — Ее p., one of a bench of three or five justices, for the summary trial of civil cantes ..."
4. The Pamphleteer by Abraham John Valpy (1824)
"Sir John, the son of this expeller of the canons, and regainer back from the church of a good deal more than his ancestors had ever bestowed upon it, ..."
5. The Pamphleteer by Abraham John Valpy (1824)
"... and regainer back from the church of a good deal more than his ancestors had ever bestowed upon it, was high in favor with Elizabeth ; and his son, ..."