Definition of Reducing diet
1. Noun. A diet designed to help you lose weight (especially fat).
Medical Definition of Reducing diet
1. A diet in which caloric expenditure is greater than caloric intake. (05 Mar 2000)
Reducing Diet Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Reducing Diet Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Reducing Diet
Literary usage of Reducing diet
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Symptomatic and Regional Therapeutics by George Howard Hoxie (1910)
"During the first few days he was kept in bed, upon a low milk diet, after which he was placed upon a reducing diet. From day to day he was encouraged as to ..."
2. The Principles and Practice of Medicine: Designed for the Use of by William Osler (1905)
"I believe, from over-use of baths and a reducing diet. Much may be effected at home by hot-air baths, hot baths, and compresses at night to the tender ..."
3. The Principles and Practice of Medicine: Designed for the Use of by William Osler (1909)
"Many of our cases seem to have been made much worse by the treatment at Spas, largely, I believe, from over-use of baths and a reducing diet. ..."