Definition of Red mulberry
1. Noun. North American mulberry having dark purple edible fruit.
Red Mulberry Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Red Mulberry Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Red Mulberry
Literary usage of Red mulberry
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Silk Growers Guide: Or, The Art of Raising the Mulberry and by William Kenrick (1839)
"Other varieties however are known, which have obtained a preference over the Morus nigra. SECTION VII. red mulberry. (Menus RUBHA. ..."
2. The Principal Species of Wood: Their Characteristic Properties by Charles Henry Snow (1908)
"Red .Mulberry, Mulberry (local Virginia Mulberry Tree (Tenn.). and common name). Murier Sauvage (La.). Black Mulberry (N. ]., Pa., W. Va.). Locality. ..."
3. Torreya by Torrey Botanical Club (1905)
"... red bay (Persea Borbonia), and red mulberry (Morns rubra) often attained the proportions of trees, and almost reached the top of the dunes. ..."
4. Studies of Trees in Winter: A Description of the Deciduous Trees of by Annie Oakes Huntington (1902)
"... are a small family with but one native representative in the North, the red mulberry. The white mulberry from China has been so widely cultivated and ..."
5. Trees and Tree-planting by James Sanks Brisbin (1888)
"red mulberry.—Where Found, Attainable Height, and Manner of Growth. —Durability and Uses of its Wood. — Its Ornamental Value.—How to Obtain its Seed. ..."
6. Trees and Tree-planting by James Sanks Brisbin (1888)
"red mulberry. —Where Found, Attainable Height, and Manner of Growth. — Durability and Uses of its Wood. — Its Ornamental Value.—How to Obtain its Seed. ..."