Definition of Red false mallow
1. Noun. False mallow of western United States having racemose red flowers; sometimes placed in genus Malvastrum.
Generic synonyms: False Mallow, Globe Mallow
Red False Mallow Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Red False Mallow Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Red False Mallow
Literary usage of Red false mallow
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States, Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord. Britton, Hon. Addison. Brown (1913)
"Tennessee and Illinois to Iowa, Missouri and Kansas. Summer. 3 5 IM angustian. 2. M. coccineum. \. 2. Malvastrum coccineum (Pursh) A. Gray. red false mallow ..."
2. An Illustrated Flora of the Northern United States: Canada and the British by Nathaniel Lord Britton, Addison Brown (1897)
"Il.] MALLOW FAMILY. 2. Malvastrum coccineum (Pursh) A.Gray. red false mallow. Malva coccinea Nutt. in Fraser's Cat. Name only. 1813. ..."
3. A Manual of Weeds: With Descriptions of All the Most Pernicious and by Ada Eljiva Georgia (1914)
"X J. ground; plants bearing unripe seed-vessels should be burned, as they will ripen on the stalks. red false mallow ..."
4. The American Botanist edited by Willard Nelson Clute (1911)
"... meadows where we would think of looking first for them, but to a considerable height upon the hills also. About this time red false-mallow (Malvastrum ..."