Definition of Rated
1. Verb. (past of rate) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Rated
1. rate [v] - See also: rate
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Rated Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Rated
Literary usage of Rated
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the American Institute of Electrical Engineers by American Institute of Electrical Engineers (1917)
"It is usual to state the regulation of dc. generators by giving the numerical values of the voltage at no load and rated load, and in some cases it is ..."
2. Niles' Weekly Register edited by Hezekiah Niles, Jeremiah Hughes, George Beatty (1837)
"Frigate Macedonian, rated 38, mounting 49, ta ten bv the United States, ... Sloop of war Frolic, rated 18, mounting 24, taken by the W.isp, rated 18, ..."
3. Journal of Applied Psychology by American Psychological Association, American Association for Applied Psychology (1918)
"NUMBER OF STUDENTS; AND NUMBER OF RATINGS GIVEN Entire number of students 493 Number rated thirteen times 1 Number rated twelve times 2 Number rated eleven ..."
4. A Topographical Dictionary of England: Comprising the Several Counties by Samuel Lewis (1831)
"The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Oxford, rated in the king's books at £9. 2. 6., and in the patronage of the Provost and Fellows ..."
5. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Court of King's Bench: With by Great Britain Court of King's Bench, Edward Hyde East, George Mifflin Wharton (1845)
"nor is there any case which has decided that persons of this description occupying such property for their own benefit, shall not be rated. ..."
6. Education by Project Innovation (Organization) (1915)
"5 teachers rated the disciplinary value of biology as .5 that of history. 4 teachers rated the disciplinary value of biology as .6 up to .7 that of history. ..."
7. The Gentleman's Magazine (1783)
"Springs had been rated, ... the Proprietors of the \Vaur-works were rated by the land-tax, ... and they were never rated. If the rate applied for was ..."