¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Raniform
1. frog-like [adj]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Raniform Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Raniform
Literary usage of Raniform
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia by Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia (1868)
"In the writer's examination of the Families of raniform Anura* the genera Atelopus and ... raniform character of the Dendrobatidae and ..."
2. Proceedings of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (1876)
"... Urodele, Siren- oid, and Proteoid Batrachians, raniform Batrachia—five divisions. The Mexican region, which is intermediate in position, is occupied by ..."
3. Summarized Proceedings ... and a Directory of Members by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1876)
"... Urodele, Siren- oid, and Proteoid Batrachians, raniform Batrachia—five divisions. The Mexican region, which is intermediate in position, ..."
4. Nature by Norman Lockyer (1877)
"Л distinguished herpetologist, M. Lataste, suggested that he may have made confusion with the singing of a raniform batrachian, ..."
5. The American Catalogue of Books: (original and Reprints,) Published in the by James Kelly (1871)
"On the Families of the raniform Anura. Edward I). Cope. (With four plates of Illustrations. ) On the Distribution of Fresh-water Fishes in the Allegheny ..."