Definition of Ram home
1. Verb. Make clear by special emphasis and try to convince somebody of something. "I'm trying to drive home these basic ideas"
Generic synonyms: Accent, Accentuate, Emphasise, Emphasize, Punctuate, Stress
Ram Home Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Ram Home Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Ram Home
Literary usage of Ram home
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Treatise on Naval Gunnery by Howard Douglas (1855)
"He stretches his right arm out, his left hand upon the muzzle, ready to ram home; the loader places himself in a similar position. As soon as the powder-man ..."
2. Blackwood's Edinburgh Magazine (1822)
"ram home !" were his next commands. " Harkye, you blasted Shetland son of a dog-fish ! ... ram home !" " Done it is, sir !" replied the captains. ..."
3. The Knickerbocker: Or, New-York Monthly Magazine by Charles Fenno Hoffman, Timothy Flint, Lewis Gaylord Clark, Kinahan Cornwallis, John Holmes Agnew (1857)
"ram home ! ' ' Round shot!' ' Wad!' ' ram home !' ' Prick and prime !' The execution of this mandate was delayed for a few minutes, until the military could ..."
4. Commodore John Rodgers: Captain, Commodore, and Senior Officer of the by Charles Oscar Paullin (1909)
"Wad your cartridge and ram home. 15. Shot to your wad. 16. Wad to your shot and ram home. 17. Run out your guns." In the latter part of 1709 we had four ..."