Definition of Radiculitis
1. Noun. Inflammation of the radicle of a nerve.
Medical Definition of Radiculitis
1. Inflammation of the root of a spinal nerve. The latin radix means root. (12 Dec 1998)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Radiculitis Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Radiculitis
Literary usage of Radiculitis
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Diseases of the nervous system by Smith Ely Jelliffe, William Alanson White (1917)
"radiculitis. The radicular syndrome, often confused with neuralgia and ... Topography of the sensory disturbance in a syphilitic radiculitis (type Klumpke). ..."
2. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease by American Neurological Association, Philadelphia Neurological Society, Chicago Neurological Society, New York Neurological Association, Boston Society of Psychiatry and Neurology (1913)
"In this case the length of the delay might be attributed to the remains, of the chronic radiculitis specific in type. Another interpretation is possible, ..."
3. The Modern Treatment of Nervous and Mental Diseases by William Alanson White, Smith Ely Jelliffe (1913)
"Syphilitic radiculitis (mostly sciatica, not infrequently brachial) is an extremely common syndrome in private as well as in hospital practice, ..."
4. Surgery, Gynecology & Obstetrics by The American College of Surgeons, Franklin H. Martin Memorial Foundation (1913)
"... pain caused by athetosis in one ; neuritis consequent on arteriosclerosis in 2; pain owing to herpetic neuritis in 2 cases; syphilitic radiculitis in 2; ..."
5. Acute Epidemic Encephalitis (lethargic Encephalitis): An Investigation by by Walter Timme (1921)
"Multiple pains of neural or radicular distribution point to a multiple neuritis or radiculitis. A fair degree of success could, from what has been said, ..."
6. Cumulative Trauma Disorders in the Workplace: Bibliography by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"... myelopathy 722.9 Other and unspecified disc disorder 723.1 Cervicalgia 723.3 Cervicobrachial syndrome (diffuse) 723.4 Brachial neuritis of radiculitis ..."