Definition of Quizzings
1. quizzing [n] - See also: quizzing
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Quizzings Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Quizzings
Literary usage of Quizzings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. English Hunger and Industrial Disorders: A Study of Social Conflict During by Walter James Shelton (1922)
"... friends in whose opinion a short answer was deemed desirable, on account of the continual repetition of these criticisms, or more precisely, quizzings. ..."
2. The Monthly Review by Charles William Wason (1834)
"... much liking for squibs, quizzings, and puns, especially when sought after and laboured by dullest study, and reduced into a handsomely printed shape, ..."
3. Moments of Vision and Miscellaneous Verses by Thomas Hardy (1917)
"Till it gloomed and rained ; But I kept on, despite the drifting wet That fell and stained My draught, leaving for curious quizzings yet The blots engrained ..."
4. Sanctuary: A Bird Masque by Percy MacKaye (1914)
"STARK I saw A stirring in that staghorn sumach, And caught a rabbit's eye.— What are these crazy quizzings? Pshaw! Good day to you! ..."