Definition of Qatar peninsula
1. Noun. A peninsula extending northward from the Arabian mainland into the Persian Gulf.
Group relationships: Arabia, Arabian Peninsula
Terms within: Katar, Qatar, State Of Katar, State Of Qatar
Generic synonyms: Peninsula
Qatar Peninsula Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Qatar Peninsula Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Qatar Peninsula
Qatari monetary unit
Literary usage of Qatar peninsula
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Gulf States: Kuwait, Bahrain, Quatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen by Editors of JPM Publications (2000)
"7th century The qatar peninsula and surrounding region are ruled by the Al-Mundhir Arabs. Their king AI-Mundhir ibn Sawi al-Tamimi converts to Islam. ..."
2. An Almanack for the Year of Our Lord by Joseph Whitaker (1869)
"Six of the states lie on the coast of the Gulf between the Musandam peninsul t in the East and the qatar peninsula in the \Vc\; and one. ..."
3. United Arab Emirates: A New Perspective by Ibrahim Abed, Peter Hellyer (2001)
"... Arab Emirates (UAE) occupies a broad strip of land flanking the southern shores of the Arabian Gulf between the qatar peninsula and the Gulf of Oman. ..."
4. Archaeology of the United Arab Emirates: Proceedings of the First by Daniel T. Potts, Hasan Al Naboodah, Peter Hellyer (2003)
"But on the Neolithic sites on the island of Bahrain and in the qatar peninsula, plunging was common and fluting nonexistent. So it may be that the fluting ..."
5. The Clouded Lens: Persian Gulf Security and U.S. Policy by James H. Noyes (1982)
"... "sovereignty over the greater part of the territory lying between the base of the qatar peninsula and the southeastern corner of the Persian Gulf. ..."
6. Natural Emirates: Wildlife and Environment of the United Arab Emirates by Peter Vine (1996)
"Two persistent regional structural features noted by petroleum geologists are a major ridge running NE-SVV through the qatar peninsula and a parallel and ..."
7. Ancient Magan: The Secrets of Tell Abraq by Daniel T. Potts (2000)
"Somewhere in western Abu Dhabi, however, certainly south of the qatar peninsula, we cross over into a different cultural zone known in antiquity as 'Dilmun' ..."
8. On Course to Desert Storm: The United States Navy and the Persian Gulf by Michael A. Palmer (1992)
"... Samuel B. Roberts detected three Iranian mines floating near the water's surface approximately fifty-five miles northeast of the qatar peninsula. ..."