Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Preplant Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Preplant
Literary usage of Preplant
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Conference on Weed Control in Rice, 31 August-4 September by International Rice Research Institute, International Weed Science Society (1983)
"Now, farmers want herbicides that they can apply preplant incorporated. We are having tremendous pressure from the farmer groups to provide herbicides that ..."
2. Alternative Farming Systems by K. Schnieder (1994)
"Imazethapyr at greater than or equal to 55 g ai ha-1 applied early preplant controlled > 90% of the common lambsquarters, ..."
3. Cotton Ginners Handbook edited by W. S. Anthony, William D. Mayfield (1995)
"preplant herbicides may be incorporated with a rolling cultivator prior to ... Application methods include preplant treatment to foliage of existing weeds, ..."
4. 50 Ways Farmers Can Protect Their Groundwater by Michael C. Hirschi, F. William Simmons, Doug Peterson, Ed Giles (1998)
"preplant nitrogen applications usually will not be as effective as delayed ... If you make preplant applications on sandy or poorly drained soils, ..."
5. Conservation Tillage by Jane P. Gates (1994)
"Imazethapyr at greater than or equal to 55 g ai ha-1 applied early preplant controlled > 90% of the common lambsquarters, velvetleaf, and giant foxtail ..."
6. Hybrid Rice: Proceedings of the International Symposium on Hybrid Rice : 6 by International Rice Research Institute (1989)
"Total N rates of 0-170 kg/ha in 34 kg N/ha increments were broadcast preflood in the dry-seeded and band-placed preplant in the water-seeded systems. ..."
7. Proceedings of the Second Temperate Rice Conference by B Hardy, J E Hill (2002)
"In Italy, the fertilization of dry-seeded delayed-flood rice fields usually occurs using preplant nitrogen applications. Split applications are common but a ..."