Definition of Political unit
1. Noun. A unit with political responsibilities.
Specialized synonyms: Body Politic, Commonwealth, Country, Land, Nation, Res Publica, State, Holy Roman Empire, Union, Palestine Authority, Palestine National Authority, Palestinian National Authority, Cadre, Cell, Amphictyony, Lunatic Fringe, Revolutionary Group, Lobby, Pressure Group, Third House
Generic synonyms: Social Unit, Unit
Group relationships: Form Of Government, Political System
Political Unit Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Political Unit Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Political Unit
Literary usage of Political unit
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. State and Municipal Government in the United States by Everett Kimball (1922)
"CHAPTER XXII THE CITY AS A political unit As a political unit the city must be examined ... But the city is also a political unit with its own very definite ..."
2. Investment Analysis: Fundamentals in the Analysis of Investment Securities by Walter Edwards Lagerquist (1921)
"... ISSUING political unit AND THE SECURITY OP ITS BOND ISSUES The content of these chapters on civil obligations is presented primarily from the standpoint ..."
3. Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Standard Work of Reference in Art, Literature (1907)
"The township then and its inhabitants formed the lowest political unit, ... Such A political unit still forms the gemeinde, the commune, of other lands. ..."
4. The Teaching of Geography: Emphasizing the Project, Or Active, Method by Mendel Everett Branom, Frederick Kenneth Branom (1921)
"For working purposes the political unit, whether city, county, state, or nation, is a coherent unit. Statistical data, collected by the governments, ..."