Definition of Poliovirus vaccine
1. Noun. Vaccine prepared from poliovirus to provide immunity to poliomyelitis.
Generic synonyms: Vaccine, Vaccinum
Medical Definition of Poliovirus vaccine
1. A suspension of formalin-inactivated poliovirus, types I, II, and III, grown in monkey kidney cell tissue culture, used in the united states only for immunization of immunologically deficient patients and for primary immunization of unimmunised adults at risk. (12 Dec 1998)
Poliovirus Vaccine Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Poliovirus Vaccine Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Poliovirus Vaccine
Literary usage of Poliovirus vaccine
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Code of Federal Regulations by U.s. Gpo (2005)
"poliovirus vaccine Live Oral Type I. poliovirus vaccine Live Oral Type II. poliovirus vaccine Live Oral Type III. Red Blood Cells (liquid product). ..."
2. Health Information for International Travel by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Children and Adolescents Trivalent oral poliovirus vaccine (OPV) is the vaccine of choice for all infants, children, and adolescents (up to 18th birthday) ..."
3. National Health and Safety Performance Standards: Guidelines for Out-of-Home by DIANE Publishing Company (1990)
"... OPV=oral poliovirus vaccine containing attenuated poliovirus types 1, 2, and 3; IPV= inactivated poliovirus vaccine containing killed type 1, 2, ..."
4. Clinician's Handbook of Preventive Services: Put Prevention Into Practice by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"Vaccine Types: Two types of trivalent vaccine are available for use in the United States: live oral poliovirus vaccine (OPV) and enhanced-potency ..."
5. America's Children: Key National Indicators of Well-Beingedited by David Johnson edited by David Johnson (1999)
"... 3 doses of poliovirus vaccine, 1 dose of a measles-containing vaccine, and 3 doses of Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) vaccine. b The 4:3:1 combined ..."