Definition of Poecilogale albinucha
1. Noun. Small slender burrowing muishond with white top of the head.
Poecilogale Albinucha Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Poecilogale Albinucha Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Poecilogale Albinucha
Literary usage of Poecilogale albinucha
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: “a” Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature edited by Hugh Chisholm (1911)
"There also occurs in South Africa another member of this family Poecilogale albinucha), which is very similarly coloured. ..."
2. Mostly Mammals, Zoological Essays by Richard Lydekker (1903)
"Another member of the same family (poecilogale albinucha) from South Africa is likewise conspicuously banded with blackish brown and white, and thus closely ..."
3. Science in South Africa: A Handbook and Review by William Flint, John Dow Fisher Gilchrist (1905)
"... and finally the curious little Striped Weasel (poecilogale albinucha) make up the tale of this family. The only member of the marine carnivora found ..."
4. Jahresberichte über die Fortschritte der Anatomie und Entwicklungsgeschichte (1902)
"... AC, Suggested Mimicry of the South-African Weasel (poecilogale albinucha). The Zoologist, V. 5, June, p.. *41) Hilgendorf, F., Der Übergang des ..."