Definition of Pierre teilhard de chardin
1. Noun. French paleontologist and philosopher (1881-1955).
Generic synonyms: Fossilist, Palaeontologist, Paleontologist, Philosopher
Pierre Teilhard De Chardin Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pierre Teilhard De Chardin Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pierre Teilhard De Chardin
Literary usage of Pierre teilhard de chardin
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Environmental Theology by Richard Cartwright Austin (1990)
"Take this food and drink and carry it to God as your true worship.4 Early in the twentieth century, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, a French Jesuit priest and ..."
2. Wisdom for the Soul: Five Millennia of Prescriptions for Spiritual Healing by Larry Chang (2006)
"Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, 1881-1955 - Each element of the cosmos is positively woven from all of the others ... The universe holds together, ..."
3. Entropy and Alchemy: The Problem of Individuality in an Age of Society by Edwin Stuart (2003)
"Marie-Joseph-Pierre Teilhard de Chardin was born into a well-off French family. His father was a gentleman-farmer, meaning he owned a lot of property in the ..."
4. Vicars of Christ: Popes, Power, and Politics in the Modern World by Michael P. Riccards (1998)
"Montini was in fact very sympathetic to the more speculative theologians of the time such as Yves Congar, Henri de Lubac, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, ..."
5. Mr Brouard's Odyssey by Diana Winsor (2004)
"Not long alter I had arrived I was asked to write a review of a biography of the Jesuit philosopher and palaeontologist Pierre Teilhard de Chardin. ..."
6. A New America: An Awakened Future on Our Horizon by Alexander S. Kochkin, Patricia M. Van Camp (2005)
"... within a field of affective attraction sufficiently intense to influence the human mass as a whole and at the same time. - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin ..."