Definition of Phones
1. Noun. (plural of phone) ¹
2. Verb. (third-person singular of phone) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Phones
1. phone [v] - See also: phone
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Phones Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Phones
Literary usage of Phones
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Global Competitiveness of U.S. Advanced-Technology Industries: Cellular ...Technology (1994)
"phones interpreting digital signals will require much more memory than phones ... GSM phones, for instance, will require 15 times the memory capacity of ..."
2. Stability and Variation in Hopi Song by George List (1993)
"Comparison of phones In subsequent discussion I shall indicate segment, position of the free form within the segment, and the location of the letters within ..."
3. The Christian Science Journalby Mary Baker Eddy by Mary Baker Eddy (1911)
"CS 2914 Campbell St 'phones, Home South 204S; Bell Grand 2048. Johnston, Mrs. Frances B., ... CS Hours, 10 AM to 3 PM! 1411 East llth Street. Both 'phones. ..."
4. Cruising The Eastern Caribbean by Laura Rapp (2004)
"Pier phones All cruise ship ports offer phones for local and US calls. Calling Stations are offices where you can make long-distance calls from private ..."
5. Adaag Manual: A Guide to the Americans With Disabilities Act Accessibility edited by Evan Terry, Evan Terry Associates (1998)
"One should also consider a facility's use. ADAAG recognizes the importance of public access to phones in hospitals, airports, and transit stations but TTYs ..."
6. Northern English: Phonetics, Grammar, Texts by Richard J. Lloyd (1899)
"Of all unimpeded phones these have the smallest exit and the least sonority. 73] Other unimpeded phones have greater exit, and are therefore more sonorous, ..."
7. A Dictionary of Musical Terms: Containing Upwards of 9,000 English, French by Theodore Baker (1895)
"Every tone may form an integral part of 6 different phones ; for instance, the tone С in the С over-phone (C-major chord) as major root, in the F over- ..."