Definition of Personals
1. Noun. (plural of personal) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Personals
1. personal [n] - See also: personal
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Personals Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Personals
Literary usage of Personals
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The First Part of the Institutes of the Laws of England, Or, A Commentary ...by Edward Coke, Thomas Littleton, Francis Hargrave, Charles Butler, Matthew Hale, Heneage Finch Nottingham by Edward Coke, Thomas Littleton, Francis Hargrave, Charles Butler, Matthew Hale, Heneage Finch Nottingham (1832)
"TN the same manner is it of th ings persona II; as if a man by wrong take away my goods, if I release to him all actions personals, yet I may by the law ..."
2. Handy-book of Literary Curiosities by William Shepard Walsh (1892)
"The class of advertisements now known as personals made an early appearance in newspaper literature. Leaving out the question of expense, a jilted suitor of ..."
3. The Women of New York; Or, The Under-world of the Great City: Illustrating by George Ellington (1869)
""personals" AND FEMALES. HE " Personal" column of the morning paper was originally started to afford a means of making public inquiry for absent friends. ..."
4. Bulletin by Illinois Association Opposed to the Extension of Suffrage to Women (1905)
"personals. ARIZONA. Dr. JW Dudley (1891) has removed from Gleeson to Tucson. Address Box 578. CONNECTICUT. HARTFORD. Dr. Charles C. Williams (1886) has ..."
5. Plots and Personalities: A New Method of Testing and Training the Creative by Edwin Emery Slosson, June Etta Downey (1922)
"The same criticism may be applied to the personals. But we give here a variety clipped from the London "Times," in the hope that the reader will amplify ..."
6. Modern Eloquence by Thomas Brackett Reed, Rossiter Johnson, Justin McCarthy, Albert Ellery Bergh (1900)
"personals AND ODDITIES Fixed.—When PT Barnum, a young man, poor and in debt, left Danbury, he said to Judge ..."
7. Baptist Missionary Magazineby American Baptist Foreign Mission Society by American Baptist Foreign Mission Society (1902)
"... goes Eric Lund and the Opening of the Philippine Mission personals and Notes A full Table of Contents will be found on the first page PUBLISHED* BY* THE ..."
8. Lucius Q. C. Lamar: His Life, Times, and Speeches. 1825-1893 by Edward Mayes (1896)
"... Order—Kellogg Installed — Mr. Lamar'g Speech—Its Reception—Incorrect Newspaper personals—Further Events in Louisiana— Conflict of September 14, ..."