Definition of People's republic of china
1. Noun. A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia; the most populous country in the world.
Geographical relationships: Acupuncture, Stylostixis, Acupressure, G-jo, Shiatsu, Chinese Revolution, Yang, Yin, Feng Shui, Chinese, Sino-tibetan, Sino-tibetan Language, Cultural Revolution, Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution, Dim Sum, Fortune Cookie, Brown Sauce, Chinese Brown Sauce, Egg Foo Yong, Egg Fu Yung, Egg Roll, Spring Roll, Red Guard, Falun Gong, Hangchow, Hangzhou, Yalu, Yalu River, I. M. Pei, Ieoh Ming Pei, Pei, Cattie, Catty, Ch'i, Chi, Ki, Qi
Terms within: Chinese Wall, Great Wall, Great Wall Of China, Manchuria, Beijing, Capital Of Red China, Peiping, Peking, Chongqing, Chungking, Canton, Guangzhou, Kuangchou, Kwangchow, Gansu, Gansu Province, Kansu, Hebei, Hebei Province, Hopeh, Hopei, Hunan, Hunan Province, Sichuan, Szechuan, Szechwan, Szechwan Province, Yunnan, Yunnan Province, Luda, Luta, Dairen, Dalian, Talien, Loyang, Luoyang, Lushun, Port Arthur, Hangchow, Hangzhou, Nan-chang, Nanchang, Nan-ning, Nanning, Nanjing, Nanking, Shanghai, Fengtien, Moukden, Mukden, Shenyang, Taiyuan, Tangshan, T'ien-ching, Tianjin, Tientsin, Grand Canal, Wuhan, Changan, Hsian, Sian, Singan, Xian, Sinkiang, Xinjiang, Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region, Inner Mongolia, Nei Monggol, Hong Kong, Gobi, Gobi Desert, Taklamakan Desert, Taklimakan Desert, Amur, Amur River, Heilong, Heilong Jiang, Bo Hai, Po Hai, Brahmaputra, Brahmaputra River, Gan Jiang, Kan River, Huang He, Hwang Ho, Yellow River, Kuenlun, Kuenlun Mountains, Kunlan Shan, Kunlun, Kunlun Mountains, Liaodong Bandao, Liaodong Peninsula, Mekong, Mekong River, Nan Ling, Pamir Mountains, The Pamirs, Poyang, Tien Shan, Tyan Shan, Chang, Chang Jiang, Changjiang, Yangtze, Yangtze Kiang, Yangtze River, Canton River, Chu Kiang, Pearl River, Zhu Jiang
Generic synonyms: Asian Country, Asian Nation
Group relationships: Asia
Member holonyms: Chinese
Definition of People's republic of china
1. Proper noun. Official name of the country popularly known as China, as opposed to the Republic of China. Abbreviated PRC. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
People's Republic Of China Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: People's Republic Of China Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of People's Republic Of China
Literary usage of People's republic of china
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The World Rice Market: Structure, Conduct, and Performance by ʻAmmā Sayāmwālā, Raj Krishna, Ammar Siamwalla, Stephen Haykin, Ajay Chhibber (1983)
"Japan and the People-s Republic of China have become exporters. A number of raw- material exporting and rice- importing countries, such as the Philippines, ..."
2. China: State Control of Religion by Human Rights Watch/Asia, Mickey Spiegel (1997)
"Article 2: The People' s Republic of China respects the freedom of religious belief of foreigners who stay within China s borders, and protects foreigners ..."
3. Lore: Capturing Traditional Environmental Knowledgeby Martha Johnson by Martha Johnson (1992)
"The Akha are a tribal group of mountain peoples numbering more than 1 million. They are spread over southern Yunnan Province (People s Republic of China), ..."
4. Production and Consumption of Foodgrains in India: Implications of ...by J. S. Sarma, Vasant P. Gandhi by J. S. Sarma, Vasant P. Gandhi (1990)
"... Belgium, Canada, the People-s Republic of China, the Ford Foundation, France, the Federal Republic of Germany, India, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, ..."
5. Thirsty Cities: Urban Environments and Water Supply in Latin Americaby Danilo J. Anton by Danilo J. Anton (1993)
"The People s Republic of China, with a population of over 1.1 billion, does not contain any city with more than 15 million people: Shanghai, ..."
6. Emerging World Cities in Pacific Asia by Fu-chen Lo, Yue-man Yeung (1996)
"Xie, Yichun and Frank J. Costa (1991), "The Impact of Economic Reforms on the Urban Economy of the People.s Republic of China," Professional Geographer ..."