Definition of Pentothal
1. Noun. Barbiturate that is a hygroscopic powder (trade name Pentothal) that is a strong barbiturate that acts rapidly; induces a relaxed state when injected as a general anesthetic.
Generic synonyms: Barbiturate, Truth Drug, Truth Serum
Language type: Trade Name
Definition of Pentothal
1. Noun. sodium thiopental ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pentothal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pentothal
Literary usage of Pentothal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Accounting for Pow/Mias from the Korean War and the Vietnam War: Hearing edited by Robert K. Dornan (1998)
"But I asked Bobby Garwood if he would take sodium pentothal and he said yes. So I asked President Reagan if the Government would consider giving Bobby ..."
2. The Network Revolution: Confessions of a Computer Scientist by Jacques Vallee (1982)
"Like a good Catholic going through confession, or a captured spy under sodium pentothal, or an EST convert "sharing" with his peers, I feel I can no longer ..."
3. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"... phénobarbital); (b) intermediate (eg, Amytal, Butisol); (c) short-acting (eg, Nembutal, Seconal); and (d) ultra-short-acting (eg, pentothal). ..."
4. The Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics (1888)
"... (sodium amytal) intravenously but Lee (1953) did not recommend the drug and considered that sodium thiopentone (pentothal) was also unsatisfactory. ..."
5. Muhammad Ali & Company by Thomas Hauser (1998)
"Former New Jersey heavyweight Randy Neumann likens it to an injection of sodium pentothal and adds, "My first concern was getting up. ..."
6. Ninth Day of Creationby Leonard Crane by Leonard Crane (2000)
"She tried again to raise an eyelid, but it merely trembled. She heard one of the voices above her. "pentothal should have worn off by now. ..."
7. The Duality of His Life: Human Nature Versus Nurture: An Illustration of the ...by James Spade by James Spade (2006)
"At the warden's signal, five grams of sodium pentothal in 20 cc of diluent is administered to Timmy. After the line is flushed with saline solution, ..."