Definition of Pedestrian bridge
1. Noun. A bridge designed for pedestrians.
Generic synonyms: Bridge, Span
Specialized synonyms: Gangboard, Gangplank, Gangway, Jet Bridge
Pedestrian Bridge Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pedestrian Bridge Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pedestrian Bridge
Literary usage of Pedestrian bridge
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Dallas, Texas: A Photographic Portrait by Peter A. Calvin, Photographer (2007)
"'ini pedestrian bridge ... This downtown pedestrian bridge leads to the Plaza of the Americas, an office building complex with two 25-story towers and a ..."
2. Bridge Engineering by John Alexander Low Waddell (1916)
"Pedestrian-bridge projects.—Rival projects.— Steps to take in promoting a bridge project.—Investigation of traffic possibilities. ..."
3. The Tribune Almanac and Political Registerby Horace Greeley by Horace Greeley (1893)
"To amend "An act authorizing the construction of a railway, street railway, motor, wagon and pedestrian bridge over the Missouri River, near Council Bluffs. ..."
4. The Statutes at Large, the United States from by United States, United States Dept. of State (1905)
"An act to amend an act entitled ' 'An act to amend an act authorizing the construction of a railway, street railway, motor, wagon, and pedestrian bridge ..."