Definition of Pay-phone
1. Noun. A coin-operated telephone.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pay-phone Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pay-phone
Literary usage of Pay-phone
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Adaag Manual: A Guide to the Americans With Disabilities Act Accessibility edited by Evan Terry, Evan Terry Associates (1998)
"In many cases, only one TTY-equipped pay phone is required on a site. Recommendations: From a practical standpoint, it would be considered good design to ..."
2. Americans with Disabilities Act: Accessibility Guidelines for Buildings and by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"A public text telephone may be an integrated text telephone pay phone unit or a ... In order to be usable with a pay phone, a text telephone which is not a ..."
3. Slipping Through the Cracks: Unaccompanied Children Detained by the U.S by Rosa Ehrenreich (1997)
"Even had it been working, it was inadequate because it offered no privacy; the pay phone was a wall unit with no surrounding booth, and it was on the wall ..."
4. America, a Minority Viewpoint by Walter Edward Williams (1982)
"One of the persons in the audience got up and said who cares if a pay phone is vandalized. I told him that the people who own AT&T have several personal ..."
5. Alliance Adrift by Yoichi Funabashi (1999)
"Campbell called Perry from a pay phone in the airport lobby. When he looked up he found Okamoto calling someone on the next pay phone. Okamoto noticed too. ..."
6. Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability by Public Accomodations and in (1993)
"A public text telephone may be an integrated text telephone pay phone unit or ... In order to be usable with, a pay phone, a text telephone which is. not a ..."
7. Second Thief, Best Thief: The Tunnel Bar by Anthony Olszewski (2006)
"I went over to the pay phone. "Saint Francis Coronary Care" "Hello. I'm calling for Mr. Meyer. When is his next appointment?" "Mr. Meyer?" "Yes. ..."
8. Combating Terrorism: A U.S. Marine Corps Field Manual (1994)
"Was the call operator-connected? If the call was operator- connected, can the operator identify the source? Was it from a pay phone? ..."