Definition of Parsing
1. Verb. (present participle of parse) ¹
2. Noun. A parse operation. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Parsing
1. parse [v] - See also: parse
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Parsing Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Parsing
Literary usage of Parsing
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Grammar of English Grammars by Goold Brown (1851)
"This advantage is wholly lost in the ordinary methods of parsing."—Ib. p. 3. n definition of Syntactical parsing—" the practice of explaining the variola ..."
2. English Grammar: Adapted to the Different Classes of Learners : with an by Lindley Murray (1811)
"DIRECTIONS FOH parsing. As we have finished the explanation of the different parts of ... This is called parsing. The nature of the subject, as well as the ..."
3. An Analytical and Practical Grammar of the English Language: Revised by Peter Bullions (1867)
"574, parsing is the resolving of a sentence into its elements or parts of speech. ... Etymological parsing consists in stating the parts of speech to which ..."
4. Public School Methods (1921)
"parsing. parsing is extending analysis to minute particulars. ... When the pupils begin parsing they should be required to give the reason for each step, ..."
5. A Grammar of the Latin Language by Ethan Allen Andrews, Solomon Stoddard (1882)
"Ш. parsing consists in resolving a proposition into the parts of speech of ... Rulen for parsing. 1. Name the part of speech to which each word belongs, ..."
6. The Critical Review, Or, Annals of Literature by Tobias George Smollett (1803)
"English parsing, comprising the Rules of Syntax, exemplified by appropriate ... parsing is a very useful exercise! but it should be adapted to the genius of ..."
7. Courses and Methods: A Handbook for Teachers of Primary, Grammar, and by John Tilden Prince (1889)
"parsing consists in giving the parts of speech, their kinds, properties, uses, ... The use of parsing is to apply in a convenient form the facts and ..."