Definition of Pangamic
1. Adjective. (organic chemistry) Of or pertaining to pangamic acid or its derivatives ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Pangamic
1. characterised by random mating [adj]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Pangamic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Pangamic
Literary usage of Pangamic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Grammar of Science by Karl Pearson (1900)
"Suppose pangamic mating, r3 = o, ... and R = ^ '2^ = i .4 1 4;-, = .4242, if ^ take its theoretical value for pangamic blended inheritance .3. ..."
2. Principles of Breeding: A Treatise on Thremmatology Or the Principles and by Eugene Davenport, Henry Lewis Rietz (1907)
"2 r ffz \i -- '• - = <r8 vo.82 = 0.9055 0-3, which means that the r ^YiT _ 1 + r3 selection of both parents out of a race developed by pangamic mating will ..."
3. Bound for Good Health: A Collection of Age PagesMedical (1993)
"One example is vitamin B]5 or pangamic acid (calcium pangamate). Sold for the treatment of heart disease, diabetes, glaucoma, allergies, and "aging," this ..."
4. The Chances of Death, and Other Studies in Evolution by Karl Pearson (1897)
"It «-as a later age which laid patri- ,ii\ l\sl >tn'>< on virginity, »nil converted the original pangamic character of t hew ..."
5. The Evolution of Sex by Patrick Geddes, John Arthur Thomson (1908)
"There may be mating at random within the limits of the race ("pangamic" mating), or there may be casual mating between members of different races, ..."
6. Radiant Healing: The Many Paths to Personal Harmony and Planetary Wholeness by Bellamy Isabel, Isabel Bellamy, Donald MacLean, Maclean Donald (2005)
"Vitamins: A, 25000 units; E, 600 - 1200 units daily; pangamic acid, 50mg am and pm to decrease the body's need for oxygen and ..."
7. The Opposites of the Universe, Or, Light and Shade, Good and Bad, Love and by Manie Sands (1897)
"Yes, there is, in the pangamic system of marriage. Rep. Relig. Filos. Well then we must choose one course out of the three. THE IDEAL GOVERNMENT OF FREEWILL ..."
8. The Role of Dietary Supplements for Physically Active People: Current by Kristine M. Scannell, Bernadette M. Marriott (1996)
"The effect of pangamic acid on maximal treadmill performance. Med Sci Sports Exerc 1982;14(6):424-7. Green DR, Gibbons C, O'Toole MH, William BO. ..."